Thursday, October 11, 2012

More Than Just Food and Working Out

A few days ago I got my first comment, a suggestion from my wonderful sister, and an idea I loved and plan to use. To her it was an obvious oversight in my goals, to anyone else who may be reading my story I thought this was a great opportunity to share a bit more of it, my story that is. The addition I plan to make to my pages is to include what scripture I read each day along with my food, workout, and sleep and water intake.

I do this because more than anything else that makes me, me, I am a child of God, and I know that may sound super corny, but this blog is about my baby steps to a healthier life, on the surface that means finding ways to fit the food, workout and possibly a bit more sleep into each day in a way that fits me, but if all I ever focus on is the surface matters, what does that change?

You see, my story includes my faith and relationship with Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and so much more. Which is why I am so very thankful for my sisters suggestion because I am not in general a super disciplined person and even though my faith is more to me an than anything else in my life I still struggle to read the Bible consistently, which has actually been on my mind quite a bit over the past month. So goal number four would be to include more time with God in my life because being healthy is about more than just food and working out.               

No comments:

Post a Comment