Monday, October 15, 2012
Trying Something Different
If at first you don’t succeed try, try again. That is what
they say right, so here is my trying story, no I have not been on and off of
diets my whole life, in fact I’ve never really dieted, and I never really
worked out either well until this year anyway. And that’s just it this year I started
working out, I found a 90 day routine I wanted to try and went for it. the
first time I tried I got to somewhere around the 50 or 60 day mark and then
started skipping days and eventually stopped altogether, a month or so after
that I started up again, did two or three week, got frustrated and gave up, and
then there was my third try, this time I made it into the 70s before I started
to crash once again.
But that brings me pretty close to today, because it was the
end of last month when my derailing began this time. I had a couple of weeks
where I was just insanely busy and working out was at the bottom of my priority
list, no excuse right, truth be told I was struggling long before I stopped
doing my exercising. You see I had done these same videos to the point that I was
so board I started coming up with excuses to justify my skipping a day here and
there until I eventually gave in to the excuses enough times to break my routine
completely and just watch the train crash so to speak.
But the problem didn’t start with the train crash, the
excuses or even the repetition in my videos, the problem was in me. You see for
a long time I was really committed to getting my workout done, but I had no interest
in eating any different than I had always eaten, in my head the workout should
have been enough but when you’re on day 50 and your clothes aren’t and smaller
and that silly number on the scale remains the same you begin to lose hope and
the commitment level goes out the window.
So I gave in, took some time to rest and thought about it. As
I was watching my routine fall apart a few weeks ago I felt like a failure,
thinking to myself come on girl are you ever going to make it through one of
these 90 day things, and even though you’re suppose to try, try again, I’ve
also heard that the definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and
over and expecting different results.
Which leads me here, and trying something different, I’m not
giving up, I’m still working out obviously and now I’m baby stepping my way to
better food choices as well. I’m one week into this new experiment and just
writing down what I’m eating is helping me in that department. My goal for the
workout though, is to find something that fits my life, so I’ve actually taken
a step back from what I was doing a month ago in order to stay interested and
not get overwhelmed by the have to of a routine. So far it still need a lot of
work but I have my hope back and now I have all of you to keep entertained as
well, so thank you once again for taking interest in my story and I hope it
turns out to be a good one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment